Twisted Roast Chicken Biryani
In celebration of World Food Day 2018, Twisted have partnered up with Action Against Hunger to inspire people to get cooking and make their food good in more ways than one. From your office, to your home to your kid’s school, a Love Food Give Food fundraiser is the perfect opportunity to try out this delicious dish.
- Take 4 sliced potatoes and 2 sliced red onions and put on separate baking trays. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and bake at 180 degrees for 30 mins.
- Take 5 tbsps of milk, stir in 1 pinch of saffron and set aside.
- Add 2tbsp of oil to a large frying pan. Add cinnamon stick, 5 green cardamom pods, 10 black peppercorns and 6 cloves.
- Add 2 large onions sliced.
- Once the onions are soft, add 4 cloves of garlic crushed, 3 tsps of crushed fresh ginger, 3 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Once the spices have cooked, add ¼ cup of tomato paste and 1tbsp of water.
- Add ½ cup of tomato passata and ¾ cup of water.
- Add ¼ cup of yoghurt, salt to taste and 500g of cooked, shredded chicken. Stir.
- Take a deep ovenproof casserole dish and add oil. Put a layer of the biriyani, followed by a layer of cooked potato slices, followed by a layer of cooked red onions, followed by a layer of cooked basmati rice.
- Repeat this step.
- Add 9 holes to the mixture (the other end of the wooden spoon is good for this), and poor the saffron mixture in.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 mins.
- Add fresh coriander and mint to serve.